Friday, January 1, 2010

Just having fun

Painting signs is one of those things that frustrate me some. I used to really dread the prospect because it's not something that comes as naturally to me as I wish. I, like most folks starting out, have watched seasoned sign painters effortlessly produce quality works in no time flat, and I walk away thinking..."looks easy enough". The problem is that there's a lot of technical knowledge that real professional sign painters are intimately aware of. And the short time it takes for them to actually produce the sign is the culmination of countless hours of faithfully studying and applying years of experience. I've got a long road to hoe and lots of things to figure out before I'll get the point where i can knock out a solid sign...but i'm learning and i'm seeing progress in my work and that's all always enjoyable.


Here my newest signs...i'm liking them and I hope you do to.




















No comments:

Post a Comment